What is Community Solar?
Community Solar is integral to expanding the deployment of solar technology in communities. By providing a way to reap the benefits and predictable rates of clean, renewable solar energy through purchasing power from a shared solar project, Community Solar enables businesses and residents with unsuitable or insufficient space for on-site solar to realize the value of clean energy consumption.
TPE’s Community Solar Approach
TurningPoint Energy is committed to providing meaningful Community Solar projects for energy consumers. Our team is actively developing projects in Maryland, Rhode Island, Maine, Texas and more, as well as advising utilities and electric cooperatives to successfully develop their own Community Solar projects.
Our Community Solar portfolio includes:
- BTC2 Kingsville Community Solar Project, MD (2.96 MW)
- Concho Valley Electric Cooperative (CVEC) – The Agnes Project (1.3 MW)
- Hopkins West Greenwich Community Solar Project, RI (9.39 MW)
- King North Smithfield Community Solar Project, RI (16.2 MW)
- Mid-South Synergy Community Solar Projects (Advisory for two 1.3 MW projects totaling 2.6 MW)
- PGC18 Upper Marlboro 1 Community Solar Project, MD (2.34 MW)
- PGC21 Upper Marlboro 2 Community Solar Project, MD (1.27 MW)
- United Cooperative Services Community Solar Project (14 MW)
Are you a farmer, a real estate developer, or just happen to have property that could be suitable for solar? TPE is seeking landowners with land, roof, brownfield, landfill, or parking lots to serve as solar project hosts in various U.S. markets. By partnering with TPE, project hosts can earn extra money by leasing or selling suitable unused space for a solar project. Benefits of partnering with TPE as a host:
- Diversification of property revenue stream beyond farming or tenants
- Reliable long-term income stream
- Preservation of land for future farming or development opportunities
- Ability to monetize unproductive or brownfield sites
Become a Community Solar Subscriber
TurningPoint Energy has new Community Solar projects under development in Maryland and Rhode Island. Interested in learning more about our projects in your state and how you can subscribe?
Simply complete the form below, and we’ll let you know how you can participate in Community Solar and realize the benefits of clean, renewable solar energy without the need to install anything on your commercial or residential property.
- Rhode Island: Nautilus Solar and Arcadia Power are now enrolling customers.
Sign up at https://www.arcadiapower.com/lp9-ri/.
- Maryland: ForeFront Power and Arcadia Power are now enrolling customers.
Sign up at https://www.arcadiapower.com/forefront