What is Community Solar?
Community Solar is integral to expanding the deployment of solar technology in communities. By providing a way to reap the benefits and predictable rates of clean, renewable solar energy through purchasing power from a shared solar project.
Community Solar enables businesses and residents with unsuitable or insufficient space for on-site solar to realize the value of clean energy consumption.
How Community Solar Works
Our Community Solar Approach
TurningPoint Energy has been on the forefront of Community Solar development and advisory, with over 50 MW DC operating today, and more than 300 MW under development. Our team is committed to providing meaningful Community Solar projects for energy consumers.
TPE’s Community Solar portfolio includes:
- BTC2 Kingsville Community Solar Project, MD (2.96 MW)
- Concho Valley Electric Cooperative (CVEC) – The Agnes Project (1.3 MW)
- Hopkins West Greenwich Community Solar Project, RI (9.39 MW)
- King North Smithfield Community Solar Project, RI (16.2 MW)
- Mid-South Synergy Community Solar Projects (Advisory for two 1.3 MW projects totaling 2.6 MW)
- PGC18 Upper Marlboro 1 Community Solar Project, MD (2.34 MW)
- PGC21 Upper Marlboro 2 Community Solar Project, MD (1.27 MW)
- United Cooperative Services Community Solar Project (14 MW
Become a Community Solar Subscriber
TurningPoint Energy has new Community Solar projects under development in Maine, Maryland and Rhode Island. Interested in learning more about our projects in your state and how you can subscribe?
Simply complete the form below, and we’ll let you know how you can participate in Community Solar and realize the benefits of clean, renewable solar energy without the need to install anything on your commercial or residential property.