Utility Scale Solar
TurningPoint Energy develops solar, energy management, and storage projects for commercial, public sector and utility clients. As part of our project development, we also invest in the communities where our projects are located.
Utility Scale Solar Project Development
For more than a decade, our team has developed, contracted, financed, installed and serviced more than 2 Gigawatts (GW) of solar projects with a value of more than $3 billion all over North America.
The vast majority of TPE’s utility-scale projects use the power purchase agreement (PPA) structure of contract which utilities, school districts, cities, counties, states, commercial businesses, industrial clients and many others have gained comfort in utilizing to buy solar power without having to buy the entire capital solar asset.
The benefits to our solar power clients:
- Connect your facility to a solar power project
- Immediate energy savings
- Alternative power generation to traditional grid power
- Predictable electricity bills for 20 – 30 years
- No upfront costs / infinite return on investment
- 20 – 30 year power purchase agreement
- We develop, finance and manage the project through installation
Our Team's U.S. Solar Project Experience
*Stars indicate TurningPoint Energy operational or under development projects.
Energy Management and Storage Development
Based on our expertise and business relationships, we often find that solar project development leads to building energy management and storage development discussions as well. When we listen to our clients, many times we find that they desire all-inclusive energy strategies and plans. We are here to help and do this as an advisor or as a project developer. Two specific areas of focus to solve our client’s energy challenges that we are working on now include:
- Energy Storage – We have always known that once renewable energy penetration into buildings and the utility grid matures, energy storage would become a vital tool to helping our clients further manage their energy needs. The cost of energy storage is on the way down and we are starting to work on solar and energy storage project combinations for our clients. The combined value of solar plus storage means further energy management and energy control for our clients over the long term.
- Energy Management Systems – This is the software that links your building systems to your lighting systems to your solar systems to your energy storage systems which is now more important than ever. The ability to operate this from one platform efficiently can give you control of your energy future.